Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Ronda Rousey

I think Ronda Rousey screams girl power.  She once pinned someone in 14 seconds, she is undefeated, and some men are afraid to fight her. 

Ronda Jean Rousey was born on February 1, 1987, in Riverside, California, to Ron Rousey and Anna Maria Demars. When she was born she had an umbilical cord wrapped around her neck that damaged her vocal chords, and she could not speak well until the age of six.

Ronda is a mixed martial artist, an actress, and practices judo. Judo is a modern martial art, combat, and Olympic sport created in Japan. Her mom is a professional judo fighter and the first American to win at the world judo championship. She started playing judo when she was 11. Ronda is also a self-professed tomboy.That part of her reminds me of my cousin, Jessica.

 She is an actor in the following movies: Entourage, The Expendables 3, and Furious 7. Ronda Rousey was on the cover of the magazine Sports Illistrated. She is sometimes known as the Arm Collector or Rowdy. One of the reasons her nickname is the Arm Collector is because she has her special move called the "Arm Bar" also known as the "Juji Gatame". She says "Nothing is easy until you beat it". 

I think I was chosen to write about Ronda because she is a martial artist and actress like me. Someday I want to be like Ronda Rousey.



No comments:

Post a Comment