Sunday, April 21, 2013

5,000?!

Yesterday was only the best day ever. But I was a little nervous and when I saw the crowd I felt like yikes. The crowd looked like more than 5,000 people and it probably was more than 5,000 people. Our choir sung at the readers convention and I was the one to introduce the choir with three paragraphs. These are the words I had to say before we started to sing.
GOOD MORNING! I AM ADDIE, AND WE ARE SOME OF THE MEMBERS OF THE TEXAS CHILDREN’S CHOIR. WE WELCOME YOU TO SAN ANTONIO AND WE ARE GOING TO START YOUR MORNING WITH BEAUTIFUL MUSIC.

FIRST, WE WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO SOMEONE YOU WILL MEET A FEW TIMES IN SAN ANTONIO. PEOPLE ARE UNFAIR TO THIS INDIVIDUAL, ARE SCARED OF HIM, AND HAVE VERY FEW NICE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HIM. BUT WE THINK HE DESERVES A FAIR SHAKE. WE INTRODUCE YOU TO THE COCKROACH.

FINALLY, WE EXPRESS HOW MUCH WE APPRECIATE OUR TEACHERS AND OUR PARENTS, AND EVERYONE WHO HAS TAUGHT US TO READ. YOU HAVE RAISED US UP TO HEIGHTS WE NEVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE!

And it turned out to be great. When we had to go back into the building for something I had a lot of fans tell me how great I was.









No comments:

Post a Comment