Monday, April 8, 2013

The Commissary

I would like to let you know that my choir is raising money to go to Normandy, France, to sing on the Normandy Beaches on June 6, 2014, for the 70th anniversary of D-Day.  Each person on that trip has to raise $3700.  My goal is to raise $309 a month.

One of the ways we raise our money is by selling World's Finest Chocolate, Jack's Links Beef Jerky, Deanan Popcorn, and I am also selling my famous homemade Sunshine Lemonade. :)  I'm also giving lemonade away with any $20 purchase.

Another way we raised some money last Saturday was by working at the commissary at Randolph Air Force Base.  At first I was a little scared because I didn't know what was going to happen but then  somebody offered to help me take the basket out to a person's car, and then I got a little more comfortable and started doing some other jobs like bagging.  By the end I enjoyed it a lot and I was proud of my choir.
We made altogether more than $800, and I think about $50 goes toward my trip.








No comments:

Post a Comment